Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8th

Back on the case today.

Diet
Breakfast: Bowl of nutrigrain cereal with milk
Mid morning: 1/2 tin tuna, rice cake, apple
Lunch: Bowl of soup, grilled chicken breast
Mid afternoon: 1/2 tin tuna, rice cake, apple
Post workout: Chocolate milk
Dinner: Grilled chicken, oil free homemade daal, small amount of rice

The chicken at lunch was good, really filled me up. Still very happy with the diet, its healthy, gives me all the protein and energy I need for training, and I'm enjoying it.

Exercise
Warmup: 5 minutes crosstrainer, stretches
Weights:
  • Free weight bench press: 12.5 kg each arm, 3 x10
  • Lat pulldowns: 35 kg 3 x10
  • Machine chest press: 35 kg 3 x10
  • Lateral raises: 2.5 kg 3 x10
  • Machine shoulder press: 35 kg 3 x10
Running: 400m jog/sprint intervals as suggested by Ian. J/S/J/S/J/S. I did these on the treadmill, 10 kph for the jog, and 'sprinting' at 13 kph. Exhausting stuff, made my legs hurt like crazy. However, I'm pretty sure I couldn't have run 2.4 km without collapsing a month ago, so I think I'm making progress. Definitely including this in my regime in future.

Core: 60 second planks, front, right, left. 3 sets. Added an extra 10 seconds per plank here. Challenging but doable, so improvement here as well.

Overall, I increased the effort level across the baord. Felt good. I got a twinge in my right shoulder again on the chest press, but carried on anyway and it disappeared. Weird and certainly something to keep an eye on.

92 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment