Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20th

Felt good today, one of those 'full-of-energy' days, which was useful seeing as how we were back at Vanda tonight, ramping up the effort once again.

Diet
I'm just going to say 'normal' here. I've got an established routine now. The only addition was a small amount of rice with my lunchtime chilli.

Exercise
Warmup: Usual jogging on the spot, shuffles, jumping jacks. 5 minutes.
Circuit 1: Lunges, ass-kickers, high kicks, 3 rounds of 2 minutes, 1 minute rest between rounds.
Circuit 2: Shadow sparring/movement drill, 3 rounds of 2 minutes, 1 minute rest between rounds.
Circuit 3: Skipping. 3 rounds of 2 minutes, 1 minute rest between rounds.
Circuit 4: 10 seconds punchouts. Hard, hard HARD. Punch a heavy bag, jabs and crosses, as quickly and intensely as possible for 10 seconds, then rest and hold the bag for your buddy for 10 seconds. 3 rounds of 2 minutes, 1 minute rest between rounds.
Circuit 5: Deflecting drill. Jab at a buddy, he knocks the jab away with his right hand and counters with a jab of his own which you deflect with your right hand. Do this while circling a cone, right and left. 3 rounds of 2 minutes, 1 minute rest between rounds.
Circuit 6: 10 pressups, 10 squat thrusts, 10 crunches, 10 burpees. Repeat then rest 1 minute. Repeat. (From next week this will be 3 sets rather than 2)
Planks: 3 sets of 1 minute, rest 45 seconds between sets.
Stretches.

Like I said, its ramping up. The punches and movement are already feeling more natural though. My only complaint from today is that my shoes felt loose and I've picked up a few blisters. Nothing too serious though.

Tomorrow is my boss' leaving do, so training is either going to be non-existent or very short.

Lastly, 35 pressups was my max last night, almost double what I could do at the start of my training.

80 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment