Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31st

The back massage seems to have helped and I'm in less pain. The ankle issue seems to be completely resolved as well. I assumed that after running yesterday it'd hurt, but its been fine all day.

Diet
Breakfast: None (Got up late)
Brunch: Rye bread, several types of ham and cheese, pickled onions, pickles, egg, peppers. (Went to Brotzeit, I make no apologies for this because it was delicous)
Lunch: Oat bar pre workout
Post-workout: Strawberry milk
Dinner: Grilled chicken, cous-cous with chickpeas, sultanas and dried apricots (Kirsty made this Moroccan chicken dish which was awesome AND healthy. Will have this more often)

Good diet for a Sunday I think.

Exercise
Warmup: 5 minute on the crosstrainer, stretches
Weights:
  • Lat pulldown, 43 kg, 8 x3 set
  • Shoulder press, 43 kg,  8 x3 sets
  • Chest press, 43 kg, 8 x3 sets
  • Lateral raise, 2.5 kg 8 x3 sets
  • Freeweight chest press: 12.5 kg 8 x3 sets
Cardio: 20 minute interval programme on the stationary bike (For my own reference, lvl 5, weight 80kg, seat height 10, average speed 25 kph)

...then I did the whole weights set again and another 20 minutes on the bike.

Good workout! Its been a while since I did any weights work, and I'm certainly stronger than before. I think I'll do this workout more often, cycling is a lot easier on my back than rowing, and the weights work should increase my punching power.

69 days to go...

1 comment:

  1. If you're back can take it you can increase your punching power by emulating a punch while you're exercising with weights

    ReplyDelete