Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 16th

Early morning session at a different Vanda gym today. Had a nightmare trying to find the place, and then we had a really tough session. The trainers ramped up the effort yet again, but the real problem for me was the heat. The aircon either wasn't working, or was totally ineffective, with the result that I was sweating water out quicker than I could drink it. Spent the latter part of the session dizzy and sick, and the rest of the day with a stinking headache. I bought some electrolyte tablets which I'll try next week, see if it makes a difference.

Diet
Breakfast: Smoothie
Post workout: Chocolate milk
Lunch: Chicken biriyani (Yeah, not exactly diet friendly, but hawker food is a Singaporean essential sometimes!)
Dinner: Caeser salad, salmon, steamed veg, mashed potato (Black Angus restaurant healthier option)

Not the best day diet-wise I'll admit, but not terrible either, apart from lunch.

Exercise
Warmup: Skipping (I am CRAP at skipping, this is a fact. Worked up a sweat though)
Circuit 1: Laps of 'Ass-Kickers' (slow run where you hit your backside with you heels as you move), high knees, lunges with twists, sidesteps. 10 minutes or so of these.
Circuit 2: Jogging on the spot, interspersed with 15 pressups, 25 crunches, 25 squats and 15 burpees. You jog and the trainer occasionally shouts the commands. Rest 1 minute and repeat 3 times.
Circuit 3: 6 minutes shadow boxing, 6 minutes skipping, 6 minute bag work. (Really enjoyed the bag work, the skipping because it made me look a right arse)
Circuit 4: 10 pressups, 10 squat-thrusts, 10 crunches, 10 burpees, 3 sets.

Ouch.

As I mentioned, it was really hard doing all that in an extremely hot and humid gym. A little too hard maybe.

Writing this just before bed I feel better, but tomorrow could be an achey one!

84 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment