Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24th

Painful day. My back and ankles hurt like hell. There's nothing that'll derail my training like a back injury, but equally I can't keep skipping days when I should be training to improve my fitness.

On the plus side, the pain in my ankles fades as long as I don't put then under too much stress (skipping, running), and my back is a dull ache rather than the sort of twinge I'd associate with a pulled muscle.

I had a foot massage as well, helped a little with the ankle pain.

So after careful consideration... I hit the gym.

Diet
Breakfast: Usual breakfast oats
Lunch: Caesar salad, 3 satay sticks
Pre-workout: Flapjack
Post-workout: Strawberry milk
Dinner: Salmon fishcakes, stir-fry veg

Healthy stuff all in all. Much less than I usually have.

Exercise
Warmup: 1km row, stretches
Circuit 1: Burpees, pressups, squat thrusts, crunches. 3 sets of 2 minutes, 1 minute rest between sets.
Circuit 2: 1 kg punches. Quick punches, jabs and crosses. 3 sets of 2 minutes, 1 minute rest between sets.
Circuit 3: Interval rowing. 3 x 2 minute sprints, 2.04 per 500m. 1 minute rest between sets. (26 strokes a minute, really pushing it)
Stretches.

Not the most intense workout I've ever done, but far, far better than nothing. I skipped the planks to help my back, and switched the rowing to 'round based' rather than the 10 sets at lower speed I've done previously.

The real 'reveal' will be my pain level tomorrow morning, I'll report back on that. Vanda gym tomorrow night should be interesting as well. Hopefully skipping will be easier with both ankles in supports.

76 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment