Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 23rd

Good day all round, but I'm a bit in the wars injury wise. That 2 day break hasn't done me much good at all.

Diet
Breakfast: 1/2 portion of oatmeal with nuts, seeds and honey. (Just a half portion of my normal breakfast, about 50 minutes before the gym session. As it turned out, this was perfect, energy wise)
Post workout: Chocolate milk
Lunch: Thai sliced beef, steamed rice, Tom Yum soup (Good healthy option for eating out)
Dinner: Chicken stir fry, brown rice

Good for a weekend. As I've mentioned its hard to eat as regularly as I can at work.

Exercise
Warmup: Skipping interspersed with pressups, crunches, star-jumps and burpees. (The ankle support helped here, but it still hurt)
Circuit 1: Movement. Circling the ring on the toes, changing direction quickly and throwing punches. 3 x 2 minute rounds, 1 minute rest between each.
Circuit 2: Power. Pressups, crunches, dumbell twists, lateral raises, medicine ball smashes, farmers walk, squats, plate rotations. Very quick circuits, 15 seconds or so then move. 2 full circuits.
Circuit 3: Quick bag punches. Very fast punches on the heavy bag, 20 seconds or so at a time, then 20 seconds rest holding the bag for your partner. 3 x 2 minute rounds, 1 minute rest between each.
Circuit 4: Jab/block drill. As previously, throw a jab, partner blocks, counter-punches.
Planks. Not sure how long we did but it was hard.

Hard again, we're still working mainly on fitness, and I'm certainly improving. I'm getting more and more worried about my ankles though, I bought another support this afternoon, and I'll try skipping again on Monday, but if it carries on like this I'll a word with the trainers and find an alternative cardio option.

I'm getting the usual twinges in my lower back, so I've had a nice hot bath and slapped on a heating patch. That should sort it out by the morning.

77 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment