Friday, January 8, 2010

January 7th

Rest day, and the first day of the new diet. Did some research on nutritional values and came up with a few things that I a) like to eat b) will fill me up and c) will be healthy

Diet
Breakfast: Hot oatmeal with milk and a bit of honey (Not sure I’ll be having this in future since it has the taste and consistency of fermented wallpaper paste)
Mid morning: ½ tin of tuna with low fat mayo, 1 rice cake and an apple (In the aforementioned research, I found that this is a really healthy mix of carbs and protein. Plenty of fibre too, and pretty much zero fat)
Lunch: Chickpea and lentil curry
Mid afternoon: Same as mid-morning
Dinner: Pea soup with a fried egg (When I say fried I mean cooked in a non-stick pan with literally ¼ teaspoon of olive oil, so very healthy really)

This little lot kept me from feeling hungry at any point during the day, so very happy on that score. I’ve now run out of my homemade curry, so I’ll do some cooking over the weekend.

I think the key to sticking to the diet is to make sure it doesn’t get too repetitive. If I get bored I’ll end up craving things. At that point I’ll either give in and snack (bad) or get all miserable because I can’t stop thinking about food (worse).

Exercise
Swimming: 30 minutes (no breaks)
Stretches

I think I really needed this. I felt pretty run down after working out on Wednesday, aching slightly here and there, plus the more serious pain in the right shoulder. Writing this on Friday morning, I feel great. Getting up this morning was easy, and I’m genuinely looking forward to really pushing it when I exercise tonight.

93 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment