Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 17th

Felt good this morning, headache all gone. My only slight niggle is my lower back.

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal with nuts and honey
Pre-workout: Flapjack
Lunch: Chilli with steamed veg
Dinner: Fajitas with rice and tortillas (Kirsty made this for us, no oil, lots of chicken and peppers)

I felt kind of bad late afternoon, a bit grouchy and miserable. I think weekends are actually harder than during the week for eating regularly.

Exercise
Warmup: 1 km row, stretches
Circuit: 15 pressups, 25 crunches, 25 squats, 15 burpees. Rest 1 minute, repeat 3 times.
Punches: 1 kg each hand, jabs and crosses for 2 minutes, rest 1 minute. Repeat 3 times.
Interval rowing: 2 minutes, rest 1 minute. Repeat 10 times. 2:12 per 500m (personal best)
Stretches

Good workout, that circuit is seriously hard. I'm getting a lot better at the burpees and pressups. I did some reading, especially this site http://rossboxing.com/, which has a ton of tips on intense workouts using bodyweight or simple equipment. He also describes a ten minute "No Excuses" workout I might try before work a few days a week.

Also cleared out the spare room to make more space. Should have enough space for skipping in there now. Was considering getting a punching bag as well. Back at the Vanda gym tomorrow night.

83 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment