Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18th

Ached a little this morning, mainly in my thighs and buttocks from all the squats and burpees yesterday. However, my back feels a little better, so thats something!

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal with nuts and honey
Mid morning: Tuna, ricecake and apple
Lunch: Chilli with steamed veg
Mid afternoon: Tuna, ricecake and apple
Pre-workout: Flapjack (The smoothie thing wasn't working so well, this is easier and kept me going really well during my workout)
Post workout: Chocolate milk
Dinner: Steak with homemade beans

Lots of food today, but I'm still losing weight so I certainly use the calories. My only concern at the moment with my diet is not getting enough protein. I've also started taking vitamins and Glucosamine. I'm going to add fish oil to that when I get round to buying some. I'm getting lots of fruit and veg, so I wouldn't normally need to take supplements, but a bit of internet research suggested that the amount of exercise I'm doing necessitates getting some extra vitamins and minerals.

Exercise
Back at Vanda, lots of variety this time round. Warmed up with some jogging on the spot, starjumps etc. Finished the warmup with ass-kickers, strides with twists, high kick and high knees. Then we varied between some bag work, skipping, movement drills, then the usual Pressup/Squat/Crunch/Burpee session, and planks to finish.

Good workout, I'm getting better at skipping... slightly, but my legs still can't handle all the squats and burpees. I guess its a case of gradually building up my strength. My cardio is improving fast though, I can feel myself pushing harder and recovering more quickly already.

I've been using my phone as a timer for planks, punches and so on at home, and its been pretty crap, always end up pushing the wrong button and cancelling it when I don't mean to. So I bought a proper interval timer today. It counts 2 minutes, dings, and continues counting for a 30/60 second rest, then repeats. Ideal.

82 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment