Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 13th

When I woke up I was still aching, especially my upper and lower back. Despite feeling pretty fragile, I went to the boxing gym tonight for the second session. Got to push myself.

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal with honey, nuts and seeds
Mid morning: Tuna, ricecake, apple
Lunch: Daal with steamed veg.
Mid afternoon: Tuna, ricecake, apple
Pre-workout: Smoothie
Dinner: Steak with homemade beans (Huge steak, too big really)

Much more sensibly had the smoothie at about 5.30, with the gym session starting at 7. Didn’t feel hungry, or sick, so a better day food wise.

Exercise
Warm-up: 8 mins jogging on the spot, shuffles, star jumps
Basic cardio: Sidesteps, lunges, high kicks around the ring.
Punching drills: 2 minutes at a time, basic movement with jabs and crosses. Moved on to circling a cone with a partner, I guess to teach you how to react to someone else’s movements.
Circuits: 10 press-ups, 10 squat thrusts, 10 crunches, 10 burpees. x2, rest 1 minute, repeat 3 times. (Still very very hard to finish this. The weak point is my legs on the squat thrusts and burpees)
Planks: 30 seconds, rest one minute, 40 seconds, rest 1 minute, 50 seconds, rest 1 minute. (Hard after all the other exercises)
Stretches

Harder session than Monday, they’ve already started ramping up the effort. Starting the session feeling crap and ended it feeling worse. I think the punches use lots of muscles in your upper back and shoulders that don’t get used by most other exercises. Its just one of those things where you ache for a while, then get used to it.

Also, I got some photos from the gym, post them tomorrow.

87 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment