Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 12th

Ached today, and felt a bit run down. Nothing too serious though.

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal with honey, nuts and seeds
Mid morning: Tuna, ricecake, apple
Lunch: Chilli with steamed veg (We bought one of those bags of frozen carrots, runner beans, peas and sweetcorn. Just filled a pot before work and microwaved for 3 minutes at lunch time. Tasty, very healthy, certainly something I’ll be having more often in future)
Mid afternoon: Tuna, ricecake, apple (Still not bored of this!)
Pre-workout: Smoothie
Dinner: Chicken with homemade daal (Zero fat)

I had the smoothie only 15 minutes or so before the workout, making me feel pretty sick. Bad idea, I’ll make sure I give it at least an hour in future. Apart from that, diet is still going well. I’m slightly hungry at work and find myself too focused on food, so I may need to eat a little more mid morning and mid afternoon to keep me satisfied.

Exercise
Warmup: 1 km row plus stretches
Circuits: 10 pressups, 10 squat thrusts, 10 crunches, 10 burpees. x2, rest 1 minute, repeat 3 times. (Exactly what we were doing on Monday at Vanda. Still very hard, I need a better mat, the one I’ve got is too slippery when kicking my legs backwards)
1 kg punches: I tried to replicate the 2 minute drills we were doing on Monday, but with 1 usual 1 kg weights. 3 sets of 2 minutes with 1 minute break between sets.
Planks: Front, left, right. 60 seconds each. I only managed 2 sets, and by the end of the second set I was collapsing at 50 seconds or so. (I think my core muscles got a really hard workout on Monday, and were just exhausted)
Interval Rowing: 2 minutes/1 minute, x10 reps. Averaged 2:16 per 500m. (This felt really hard, I think the punching drill work the same muscles as rowing, and I really struggled. Finished the exercise but was utterly exhausted by the end)
Stretches once I got my breath back

After all that I felt pretty crappy so I had a quick meal and went to bed at about 9.30. Kirsty gave me a really short back massage to help with the aching and I was out like a light. Not sure what happened today, I ate right and didn’t do any more exercise than usual, but felt really lethargic. Hopefully just an off day, not something serious to be worried about.

On the plus side, my shoulder pain of a week ago has vanished, which is a load off my mind, and I can tell I’ve lost a lot of fat from my stomach and sides.

88 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment