Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 27th

Had a stomach upset all day, so wasn’t feeling good about either food or exercise, but was so annoyed by yesterday’s calculation of not working out on 30% of the last 14 days that I went to the Vanda session anyway.

On the plus side, my ankles feel great, and my back is now just a predictable ache which I can live with.

Diet
Breakfast: None
Mid morning: Vegetable stew
Lunch: Tuna, rice-cake, apple
Mid afternoon: Chilli with rice (no veg)
Pre-workout: Oat bar
Post workout: Chocolate milk and a tuna wrap

Less than normal, and I only had this lot by really forcing myself to eat when I didn’t want to.

Exercise
Warmup: Jogging on the spot, jumping jacks, shuffles
Circuit 1: Jogging on the spot interspersed with pressups, squat thrusts, crunches, burpees and various twisting exercises designed to work the back and core
Circuit 2: Shadow boxing, usual jab and parry drill, then similar drill for blocking a right cross (you raise your left hand to cover your face, and take the punch on the glove) then a mixture of the two.
Circuit 3: 30 second punch drills. Jab as hard and fast as you can for 30 seconds, then 30 seconds rest. Repeat 3 times. Same again but with the right cross. Then 3 sets of 45 seconds fast punching with both hands standing straight on to the bag.
Circuit 4: 10 pressups, 10 squat thrusts, 10 crunches, 10 burpees, 10 step jumps (about 12” jump), repeat 3 times with no breaks. Rest 1 minute then do the same exercises again, but only repeating twice.

That last lot was a killer, extremely difficult to do that amount of work in one go. I’m taking it on board as a great drill to do when short on time. I still need to work on my leg strength.

Hard workout, but I think easier than Monday. I thought I’d really struggle after feeling ill all day, but it was alright.

73 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment