Friday, January 29, 2010

January 28th

Returned to normal today, ate right, exercised at home, felt pretty good.
I even consider my aching back to be normal at the moment…

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal with nuts and honey
Mid morning: Tuna, rice-cake, apple
Lunch: Chilli with rice and steamed veg
Mid afternoon: Tuna, rice-cake, apple
Pre-workout: Oat bar
Post workout: Chocolate milk
Dinner: Scrambled eggs on tortilla

Back on the wagon. High protein, low fat. Still taking supplements as well; a multi-vitamin, Glucosamine and fish-oil caplets.

Exercise
Warmup: 1 km row. Stretches
Circuit 1: 10 burpees, 10 pressups, 10 squat thrusts, 10 crunches, continue for 2 minutes total then rest 1 minute = 1 set. 3 sets total.
Circuit 2: 1 kg punches. 2 minutes continuous punching with 1 kg weight in each hand then rest 1 minute = 1 set. 3 sets total.
Circuit 3: Planks. 1 minute front, 30 seconds left side, 30 seconds right side then rest 1 minute = 1 set. 3 sets total.
Circuit 4: 1 kg punches. Repeat of circuit 2 above. (Until I get a heavy bag this is the only punch training I can do at home)
Interval rowing: 2 minutes hard, 1 minute rest = 1 set. 10 sets total. 2.13 per 500m average. (Reasonably slow row to spare my back, although it still got the heart racing)
Stretches

Good workout. I’m getting better at the burpees and squat thrusts but still a long way to go, my cardio is improving, and I can tell during the punch drills that the muscles in my arms are getting stronger.

If I maintain this work rate all the way to the fight I should be fit enough when the time comes.

72 days to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment