Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 3rd

Ached slightly when I woke up, but that’s to be expected after a bit of a break. Very hard workout at the gym today as well.

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal, nuts and sugar
Mid-morning: Tuna, ricecake, apple, boiled egg
Lunch: Butterbean and pork stew, steamed veg
Mid-afternoon: Tuna, ricecake, apple, boiled egg
Pre-workout: Oat bar
Post-workout: Energy drink, chocolate milk
Dinner: Steak with home made baked beans

Good diet day, with the possible exception of the large Wagyu steak in the evening. Delicious though.

Exercise
Warmup: Skipping, 4 x2 minutes, 1 minute break between rounds
Sparring Drill: Not proper sparring, more of a technique drill where you practice set sequences and footwork. About 30 minutes.
Set 1: 15 pressups, 15 squat thrusts, 15 crunches, 15 burpees = 1 set. Do 3 sets with no breaks. Rest 1-2 minutes, then do another 3 sets.
Set 2: 30 seconds plank, 30 crunches. Repeat 3 times.
Stretch

Very hard work, especially Set 1. I think that’s the hardest set we’ve done, I tried to do the full 15 of each exercise, but by the 4th-5th set I was at a stage where I could barely do 2 pressups in a row, so I skimped slightly. I think I’ll start doing this at home instead of the 100 pressups/100 burpees.

The sparring drill was useful because it allowed us to slow down a sequence of movement (eg. step in, 4 punch combination with a sidestep to the right, block a counter-punch, move out) and make sure we were doing it correctly. Important to practice things like this as well as doing the full contact sparring in my opinion.

I’ve got my next PT session with Alexis tomorrow, looking forward to it.

38 days to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment