Monday, March 15, 2010

March 14th

Good day, worked out really hard.

Diet
Breakfast: Oat bar
Lunch: 3 ham and turkey sandwiches with kettlechips
Post-workout: Strawberry milk
Dinner: Beef and vegetable stew (homemade) with bread, boiled egg

Not a great day for the old diet, but I’m pretty much writing off weekends at this point, as long as I do a good workout I have to be satisfied.

Exercise
Warmup: Skipping, 3 x2 minutes, 1 minute break between sets
Set 1: Medicine ball 300
Set 2: Planks, 4 x2 minutes, 1 minute break between sets. Alternated front and each side
Set 3: Heavy bag, 3 x2 minutes general punching and movement, 1 minute between sets
Set 4: Heavy bag, 3 x2 minutes punchouts, 1 minute between sets
Set 5: Skipping, 3 x2 minutes, 1 minute between sets
Set 6: Heavy bag, 2 minutes of jabs, 2 minutes of rights, 2 minutes 1-2 combinations. 1 minute between sets
Set 7: 15 pressups, 15 squat thrusts, 15 crunches, 15 burpees, repeat, rest 1 minute = 1 set. Did 2 sets with 1 minute break between.

Really pushed hard, especially with the punching; made sure that I was throwing every punch hard and pulling my hands back quickly.

In the interests of pushing myself I think it's probably time to move to 90 second planks, I'll try next time.

Sparring tomorrow, hopefully I won’t be too tired. I’m a bit more confident about sparring now, at least I have the confidence that I won’t get badly hurt. Between the heavy gloves, headguards, and the defense techniques we’ve been taught I know I’ll be okay.

27 days to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment