Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 2nd

Back on the case after the holiday

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal, nuts and a little sugar
Mid-morning: Tuna, ricecake, apple
Lunch: Chilli with rice and steamed veg
Mid-afternoon: Tuna, ricecake, apple
Pre-workout: Oat bar
Dinner: 3 fishfingers on bread with tomato sauce, 5 nuggets with tomato sauce

Exercise
Warmup: 1 km rowing
Skipping: 3 x2 minutes, 1 minute break between sets
Set 1: Medicine ball 200 workout
Set 2: Planks, 4 x2 minutes, 1 minute between sets. Usual switching between front and side planks
Set 3: Weighted punching, 1 kg each hand, 3 x2 minutes, 1 minute between sets
Set 4: 100 pressups
Set 5: 100 burpees

Thought I might struggle after a few days off, but didn’t find it too horrible. My knees ached during the skipping, so I need to be careful there. I think I’ll stick to low-impact things like cycling, swimming and rowing where possible.

Went all out on the punching, just trying to throw as many punches as possible in the time available, no style at all, a bit like the heavy bag ‘punch-outs’ we do at Vanda. It’s a conditioning exercise for the arms, not a technique drill.

Given up trying to install my heavy bag on my own, my drill is just too puny for concrete. Rather than blow a lot of money on a power tool I’ll only use once I’ve decided to buy an installation service for $80. They’re coming on Saturday so barring any issues I’ll finally have my punching bag.

39 days to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment