Friday, March 26, 2010

March 25th

Impromtu rest-day, one of those times when I know I'm too exhausted to train properly.

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal, nuts, sugar
Mid-morning: Tuna, rice-cake, boiled egg, apple
Lunch: Beef stew, steamed veg
Mid-afternoon: Tuna, rice-cake, boiled egg, apple
Snacks: About 6 cream crackers
Dinner: Stirfry beef with egg rice (Kirsty made this, delicious)

Not sure why, but my normal food didn't fill me up properly so I had some crackers.

Exercise
None, just put my feet up and relaxed.

With 17 days to go before the fight, a day off probably seems like a strange choice, but when it feels right, it's probably right. As I've said before, there's not a lot of point in a 60% session, you're going to get no benefit and possibly injure yourself with crap technique.

Hopefully on Friday I'll feel up to getting back on the training case, and I've got a PT session on Saturday instead of the usual Saturday morning training, so that'll be an intense day.

Feet are healing nicely, nowhere near 100% yet, but better than they were. Nose hurt a little in the morning, but feels fine now. Whatever was wrong with it, sparring on Wednesday doesn't seem to have done any lasting damage. Once the fight is over I'll go see a doctor to put my mind at ease.

17 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment