Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 30th

Rest day, mainly because it’s finally time for the WEIGH IN!!!

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal, nuts and sugar
Mid-morning: Tuna, ricecake, boiled egg, apple
Lunch: Chilli with rice and steamed veg
Mid-afternoon: Tuna, ricecake, boiled egg, apple
Dinner: Pizza and a little pasta

Went out for dinner after the weigh in, and relaxed slightly on the diet rules. After all, in pro-boxing they try to pack on the pounds after the weigh in, right? right?

Exercise
None, but probably lost a few pounds through nerves

Well, it’s not every day you take your shirt off on a stage in the middle of a crowded bar. Well, it used to be, but I haven’t been a student for a while.

The weigh in was a right laugh, exceptionally well attended with the whole bar packed with cheering people having a good time. They announced each fight in turn, we went up to the stage, shirts off and got on the scales. After that there was a short interview and then your opponent was announced. More cheering, he gets weighed and interviewed and then you pose for some pictures.

In my interview the guy said I was the most improved guy in the training group! That was amazing to hear, especially because I know how hard everyone’s worked, and I can see how much better they’ve all got. I was a bit taken back, so I fluffed my answer when I should really have thanked Alexis and Andy. Bit annoyed about that.

Anyway, important parts:

I’m fight no. 2 of 8
I’m fighting Chris “The Pikey” Snell

Having an early fight is good for several reasons: 1. I’ll be able to watch the other fights from the audience with Kirsty and my mates; 2. Less time hanging around backstage getting stressed; 3. My workmates won’t have had time to get completely hammered and might even remember my fight.

As for Chris, I’ve sparred with him many times, and he’s a very good fighter so it should be an interesting and even match. I need to start figuring out some sort of game plan!

Kirsty’s got a load of pictures which I’ll add to here when I get a chance.

11 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment