Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 23rd

Personal training session number 6 today. Good session, but my feet are still a big problem.

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal, nuts, sugar
Mid-morning: Tuna, ricecake, boiled egg, apple
Lunch: Beef stew, steamed veg
Mid-afternoon: Tuna, ricecake, boiled egg, apple, oat bar
Post-workout: Can of pepsi, chocolate milk
Dinner: Meatballs, tomato sauce, pasta

Normal stuff. Pasta for dinner was good.

Exercise
Shadowing: 6 x2 minutes, 1 minute break between sets
Focus Pads: 6 x2 minutes, 1 minute between sets
Movement Drill: Worked with another guy in the gym, one of us attacked and the other defending, just movement, no punching
Shadowing: Shadowing with the same guy, basically the movement drill above but with shadow punches.
Speed bag: 3 x2 minutes
Wall pad: 3 x2 minutes, mainly practicing rights
100 crunches
Stretches

Very hard session, but happy with how it went.

I’d covered by feet with plasters before I started, but I just ended up with blisters on the bits I’d missed. It’s pretty serious, I was struggling to walk all evening. On the plus side, since I've been planning to take a few days off before the fight, I'm pretty sure I'll be healed up and okay on the night, it's just a matter of how well I can train in the next few weeks.

My nose feels better, so I’m not going to bother with the doctor. I think I must have just bruised the cartilage or something equally minor. In two minds about whether to spar on Wednesday. I’ll see how I feel tomorrow.

19 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment