Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 9th

Working out at the condo gym today. Got on the case and really pushed myself.

Diet
Standard. Had 2 boiled eggs during the day and grilled chicken wraps in the evening.
I did a long-overdue calculation, and figured that my normal diet provides between 80 and 90 grams of protein per day. There doesn’t seem to be a consensus on how much I should be getting; I’ve read numbers ranging from 1.1g/kg bodyweight to 2g/kg bodyweight, but it does seem like I should be getting more than I am.

I’d rather not start having protein shakes, so I’ll get on the lookout for a solution.

Exercise
Warmup: 5 minutes crosstrainer, stretches
Weight Circuit 1:
  • Lat pulldowns, 47.6 kg – 3 sets of 8
  • Shoulder press, 47.6 kg – 3 sets of 8
  • Chest press, 52.2 kg – 3 sets of 8
  • Incline situps – 2 sets of 50
  • Lateral raises, 2.5kg per hand – 3 sets of 12
Running: 3km at 12-13 kph, lvl 1 elevation. (I’m starting to distrust the speed readings on the machines at the gym, because this didn’t feel any quicker than 10 kph on the treadmill next to it. Suffice to say that I worked hard)
Weight Circuit 2:
  • Lat pulldowns, 47.6 kg – 3 sets of 8
  • Shoulder press, 47.6 kg – 3 sets of 8
  • Chest press, 52.2 kg – 3 sets of 8
  • Lateral raises, 2.5kg per hand – 3 sets of 12
(Someone was on the incline bench and didn’t budge for about 20 minutes, so had to skip more situps)
Cycling: 16 minutes interval programme, lvl 6. Again, readings mean very little, but I worked damn hard, thighs were burning afterwards.
Stretches

Worked hard, increases again in weights and reps. Got to keep pushing along.

Overall a good day. I need to make that change to my diet sooner rather than later, but apart from that, happy with my progress. My back is feeling a lot better. I still get the occasional twinge, but it seems like I’m on the mend.

60 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment