Monday, February 15, 2010

February 15th

Another day, another workout :)

Diet
Breakfast: Big bowl of oatmeal with nuts and honey
Post workout/Lunch: Carton of chocolate milk, 2 fish fillets, tomato sauce.
Dinner: Roast chicken, homemade flatbread, Moroccan cous-cous, yoghurt with onion and cucumber. Then later on I had more...

Good food day, mainly due to it all being delicious.

Exercise
Warmup: Skipping, 4 x2 minutes
Set 1: Medicine ball 200 (same as yesterday)
Set 2: Skipping, 4 x2 minutes
Set 3: Weighted punches, 1 kg each hand, 4 x2 minutes
Set 4: Skipping, 4 x2 minutes
Set 5: Planks, 4 x2 minutes, split between reps of 1 minute front or side.
Set 6: 100 pressups
Set 7: 100 crunches
Set 8: 100 burpees

Same as yesterday, but with extra crunches. Very hard, very intense; I take about 60 seconds break between sets. After all the skipping my right ankle hurts just slightly. Its okay though, it mimics the sort of movement I'll be doing in the ring, so strengthening up my muscles is a good thing.

As an experiment I went for a Thai brutal beating massage, where they manipulated, stretched and cracked me for an hour. I sort of feel better for it now, but I'll report back tomorrow on whether they can cure the aches and pains of boxing training.

Tomorrow I'm not at Vanda because of Chinese new year. No work either, so I'll be hitting the gym at the condo.

54 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment