Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 14th

Valentine's day, still got to work out though.

Diet
Breakfast: Big bowl of oatmeal with nuts and honey
Lunch: Thai chicken, rice, loads of red chilli 
Post workout: 2 cartons of chocolate milk
Dinner: Big fillet steak, roasted pepper and sweet potato wedges

Good food day. I like steak.

Exercise
Warmup: Skipping, 4 x2 minutes. Have decided that I can't go my entire boxing "career" without learning to do this.
Set 1: The medicine ball workout I linked to the other day, 3 kg ball.
Set 2: Skipping, 4 x2 minutes
Set 3: Weighted punches, 1 kg each hand, 4 x2 minutes
Set 4: Skipping, 4 x2 minutes
Set 5: Planks, 4 x2 minutes, split between reps of 1 minute front or side.
Set 6: 100 pressups. Not continuous, just get through 100 as quickly as possible. I didn't time it, but I started out taking a break every 20, by the end every 10. Very hard work.
Set 7: 100 burpees. Same as above. I did 5 sets of 20 with about 30-40 seconds break between sets. Hard hard hard.

Good workout at home, certainly one I'll be repeating. In my new boxing boots the skipping didn't hurt my ankles, and I'm getting better at it. The rest of the workout was really intense, just what I need.

Only other thing to add is that I weighed 77 kg this morning, so I'm still losing weight. Dropped 5 kg since I started, and I'm probably one of the lightest in the group at this point.

55 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment