Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 13th

At Vanda today, had a good session, lots of work on technique.

Diet
Breakfast: Oat bar
Post-workout: Chocolate milk, fish fillet
Lunch: Salmon, boiled potatoes, broccoli, hollandaise sauce
Dinner: Egg fried rice (homemade, very healthy actually) fish fillet

For a weekend, I'm very happy with that! The fish fillets are frozen halal things and very low fat and low carb. I can just get one out of the freezer, chuck it in the oven and 20 minutes later I've got a tasty chunk of protein on my plate.

Exercise
Warmup: 10 minute run. Shortened this week so we could do more punching
Warmup 2: Shadowing, 4 x2 minutes
Circuit 1: Heavy bag, 4 x2 minutes. 1 minute rest between sets
Circuit 2: Work in twos. Jabs, parrys, right hands, blocking, etc.
Circuit 3: Shadowing and focus pad work with Alexis. I wasn't so good at this, either dropping my right hand guard when I jabbed, or overreaching with my right cross. I need to work on both
Circuit 5: 20 pressups, 20 crunches, 20 squats, 20 squat thrusts. No repeats this time.
Circuit 4: Pressups with transfer onto one arm, then twist. I'd love to find a video of this, but its potentially something Alexis just made up...
And finally we did some work bobbing and weaving underneath a string. I was shit at this. Seriously, there's not other way to put it.

Good work on technique today. I've got a lot of things to work on, on the conditioning side, I especially need to work on endurance in my arms.

56 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment