Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 2nd

Good day which left me feeling really upbeat. Ate well, great workout.

Only issue is some really light bruising on my right hand around the little-finger knuckle. Nothing major by any means, and I doubt it’ll affect my punching.

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal, nuts, honey
Mid morning: Tuna, rice-cake, apple
Lunch: Chilli, rice, steamed veg
Mid afternoon: Tuna, rice-cake, apple
Pre-workout: small portion of oatmeal
Post-workout: Strawberry milk
Dinner: Chickpea curry with tortillas

Very standard. Sometimes I was a little hungry, but not too bad.

Exercise
Warmup: 5 minutes crosstrainer
Weights circuit 1:
  • Freeweights bench press, 15 kg each hand, 3 x8
  • Lateral raises, 2.5 kg each hand, 3 x8
  • Lat pulldowns (machine), 43.5 kg, 3 x8
  • Shoulder press (machine), 43.5 kg, 3 x8
Cycling: 16 minutes, 1 minute intervals ramping up in difficulty
Weights circuit 2: As above. I struggled towards the end of some of the sets, so they were often more like 8,8,6. But working to failure is good.
Running: 20 minutes @ 10.1 Kph
Cooldown walk, stretches

I was really happy with how this went. The cycling and running are good for my leg muscles, which will hopefully help with the burpees, as well as being excellent cardio. I’m especially happy with the running; there is NO WAY I’d have been able to do that 6 weeks ago. It’s always really encouraging to see real, quantifiable improvements. The weights work is good but I think I need to work more core exercises in there. I’m sticking away from the rowing machine for a while to try and help my back.

Also, I'm down a 3rd belt notch, so the belly is still trimming down.

67 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment