Monday, December 28, 2009

December 28th

Free-weights day today, something I'm really not familiar with. I've got a vague idea from a bit of internet research, the rest I'll just learn as I go along.

Diet
Breakfast: Cornflakes
Lunch: Chickpea and lentil curry
Dinner: Thai lentil soup + Korean BBQ

We went out to dinner with some friends, to a Korean place that cooks the meat in front of you on a hotplate built into the table. So a meal out that was 90% grilled meat and vegetables! Good choice if you're on a health kick.

Exercise
Warmup: 5 minutes on the crosstrainer
Weights:
In all of these cases, 10x3 was what I was trying for, often I couldn't make 10 in the final set without resting for a few seconds between reps. Once I can do all 3 sets of 10, it'll be time to up the weight.

Since I hadn't done any core work I finished off back in the apartment with the usual planks and (front, left and right, 40 seconds each, 3 sets), 60 situps, and a 15 minute swim.

Overall I'm reasonably happy with my first time at the weights, but I'll be a lot happier when I've had someone professional tell me which exercises to do and correct my technique.

103 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment