Monday, March 8, 2010

March 6th

Final filming day at Vanda, which means I’ll have to do funny poses for the camera and try to look tough. Its one of those times where you feel stupid doing it but know it’ll look good when its finished. That’s the hope anyway.

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal with nuts and honey
Post-workout: Strawberry milk
Lunch: 2 fish fillets with baked beans
Snack: 2 small bits of bread with butter, roast chicken leg
Dinner: Thai chicken stir fry with rice

Yeah, weekend diet is never very good. The snack was part of the food I was preparing for Sunday’s picnic with Kirsty. The chicken just looked too tasty to ignore.

Exercise
Warmup: Couple of minutes skipping (still trying to spare my knees and ankles when I can), speed bag
Set 1: 3 x2 minutes heavy bag, variety of drills
Set 2: 10 pressups, 10 squat thrusts, 10 crunches, 10 burpees, repeat, rest 1 minute = 1 set. Did 3 sets
Set 3: 3 x2 minutes heavy bag, punchouts. Couldn’t finish the last one. 2 minute punchouts are hard.
Filming: Hit the heavy bag a few times then stare at the camera
Stretches
Swimming: 20 minutes of intervals, 1 km total.

So nothing too strenuous. I was on the bag with 2 of the other guys, and they pointed out a few things I should work on, as well as showing me some techniques for counterpunching to the body and head. Frankly, they’re better boxers than me, so I’m taking what they told me seriously, and I’ll try the counterpunching techniques in sparring on Monday. As well as pointing out where I was going wrong, they said I’d improved a lot as well, and looked in good shape. Always nice to hear that sort of thing.

Went for a swim in the evening because my arms were aching a little.

Only other things to note are that I bought a head-guard, so hopefully that’ll fit better for sparring. Also, I FINALLY got my heavy bag put up at home. I was at the gym when the contractors turned up, but Kirsty says they did the whole thing in less than 5 minutes…that’s what comes of having the right tools for the job I suppose. In any case its up now, gave it a few hits and I think it should be great.

35 days to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment