Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 13th

Ooops, overslept and missed morning training. In my defense I probably needed the sleep; I hit snooze and woke up over 4 hours later...

Diet
Breakfast/pre-workout: Oat bar
Post-workout: 2 chocolate milks
Lunch: Gourmet pastrami salad sandwich
Dinner: Thia curry, steamed rice dry fried thai beef, chicken drumsticks

Not a great diet, but its was the weekend and we had a friend's BBQ in the evening, hence the Thai feast.

Exercise
Warmup: 3 x2 minute skipping
Set 1: Medicine ball 300 (10 more reps per exercise than usual)
Set 2: Heavy bag, 3 x2 minutes. General punching, combinations, singles etc.
Set 3: Heavy bag punchouts, 3 x2 minutes, throw as many punches as possible.
Set 4: Interval rowing, 10 x2 minutes, 50 seconds rest between reps. Managed 2.06 per 500m, about 3 seconds better than my previous best. Getting fitter.
Stretches

Hard workout. I looked back through my blog and I haven't rowed for AGES, which is silly because its cardio that really lends itself to boxing in my opinion.

My heavy bag was really good, its doesn't swing too much, and when it does it easy enough to stop with a hard right as it swings forwards. I think I'll get a lot of benefit to having it in the house. The only drawback I can see is binding my hands up takes a bit of time, which doesn't fit with a quick 15 minutes of punching when I'm bored.

Not happy I missed training, especially if they were sparring. Can't do anything about it now though.

28 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment