Friday, February 26, 2010

February 25th

Rest day. I’m tired and feel slightly like I’m falling to bits; my left knee, right foot, right ankle, lower back, both hands and neck are all somehow painful.

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal, nuts, sugar
Mid-morning: Tuna, ricecake, apple
Lunch: Chilli with rice and steamed veg
Mid-afternoon: Tuna, ricecake, apple
Dinner: 3 fish-fingers on bread, 5 nuggets with tomato sauce
Snack: Large fat-free smoothie with lots of berries

Dinner of champions. I fancied a treat and it was awesome.

Exercise
None

I needed a day off. Had some thoughts on this…

Because of the short time-frame and the naturally competitive and comparative nature of boxing, its normal to wonder if you’re improving as quickly as your fellow competitors, and to therefore push yourself particularly hard in training. This is a great thing when it motivates you to do that extra set, or to put in an hour at the gym when you really don’t feel like it; but it can also make you go too hard, too fast. I’m pretty certain this is the cause of the majority of the little injuries we’re all suffering.

Even ignoring true injuries, I’ve certainly had sessions where I’ve only been able to give 70% or so because I was still feeling the effects of a previous workout. I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure 2 sessions at 90% is a great deal better than a 110%/70%.

or maybe I’m just a wuss.

p.s. Did some clothes shopping in the evening. I’ve lost 5 inches off my waist since I started. Not bad huh?

44 days to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment