Friday, February 19, 2010

February 18th

Splitting headache this morning, I suppose that’s normal. I took some painkillers and it cleared up by lunchtime. My neck feels like I’ve got mild whiplash (I obviously haven't though), and various parts of my face and head feel painful to the touch.

Overall though, I don’t feel too bad, and apart from the cuts and bruises on my arms, don’t look too bad either.

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal with nuts and honey
Mid morning: Tuna, rice-cake, apple
Lunch: Butterbean stew, steamed veg
Mid afternoon: Tuna, rice-cake, apple
Snack: Peanuts
Pre-workout: Oat bar
Post workout: 2 cartons of strawberry milk, 6 chicken nuggets with ketchup

Average diet really. Bad dinner again because I didn’t finish my workout until 10, and wanted to get to bed.

Exercise
Skipping: 4 x2 minutes, 1 minute break between reps
Set 1: Medicine ball core workout
Rest 1 minute
Set 2: 4 x2 minutes plank, (front 60 seconds, side 60 seconds) 1 minute between reps
Rest 1 minute
Set 3: 4 x2 minutes punching with 1 kg in each hand.
Rest 1 minute
Skipping: 4 x2 minutes, 1 minute break between reps
Rest 1 minute
Set 4: 100 pressups (raggedly, do as many as possible, rest ~15 seconds, repeat)
Set 5: 100 crunches (2 sets of 50, ~20 seconds break between sets)
Set 6: 100 burpees (5 sets of 20, ~30 seconds break between sets)
Stretches

Worked hard. Stuck rigidly to the short breaks between sets to make sure the workout was intense all the way through. The planks are getting easier, albeit slowly, so are the burpees. I’m pretty respectable at skipping now as well; I was usually doing the whole 2 minutes in 2-3 tries.

Damage
Grazes and bruises on my arms
Right foot hurts slightly
Back pain slightly reduced
Jaw fine
Cheek fine

 51 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment