Monday, February 22, 2010

February 21st

My foot was killing me this morning, so I decided to rest it up and not do anything like skipping or running. Hopefully it’ll be okay for Monday, since I’m pretty sure we’ll be back in the ring doing some sparring.

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal, nuts and honey
Post-workout: Chocolate milk, baked beans on a tortilla
Lunch: Chicken nuggets
Dinner: 1 satay stick, Tom Yum noodles with seafood

Not a good diet day, but weekends never seem to be.

Exercise
Warmup: 1 km rowing, stretches
Set 1: Medicine ball 200 workout
Set 2: Planks, 1 minute front, 1 minute side, rest 1 minute. Repeat 4 times.
Set 3: Weighted punches, 1 kg each hand. 2 minutes, 1 minute rest. Repeat 4 times.
Set 4: 100 crunches
Set 5: 100 squats
Stretches

I decided against the burpees because of my foot, and I tried doing the usual 100 pressups, but got nowhere. I think because I did the weights sets on Saturday evening, by Sunday morning I’m still recovering.

Not a great day overall. I wasn’t really ‘with it’ for the exercising, so the whole thing was less intense that I’d have liked. Looking back through my blog I’ve been skimping on my cardio recently, need to get back on that. If I can’t run then cycling or rowing.

I picked up some gloves today as well, Everlast Protex2. They’re 10oz, so a little lighter than what I’ll be using for the fight, but should be perfect for bag work. They’ve got great padding and fit really well.

48 days to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment