Friday, April 9, 2010

April 8th

Another rest day leading up to the fight, so not a lot to report, apart from being extremely nervous.

Diet
Breakfast: Oatmeal, sugar
Mid-morning: Tuna, rice-cake, boiled egg, apple
Lunch: Chilli, rice, steamed veg
Mid-afternoon: Tuna, ricecake, boiled egg, apple
Dinner: German bread with chutney, sausages with sauerkraut

Stick with what works! I’m trying to keep my diet pretty constant leading up to the big night. My brother and his wife arrived today, and we went out for dinner to Brotzeit for dinner.

Exercise
None

I’m feeling pretty stressed and nervous, which is only going to get worse the closer we get to the fight. Hopefully I can keep it under control and remember what I’ve been taught in training. As long as I do the basics right I should be fine.

Got final instructions from Andy about what to expect on the night. Turns out we’ve got dressing rooms and so on backstage, so I think I’ll take my iPod and skipping rope to keep me relaxed and warmed up. Also thinking I’ll make myself a crib sheet to remind me what to do: 1) Keep right hand up when you jab 2) Move in, hit and move out. And so on, that’ll give me something to focus on.

It’s so awesome that Neal and Kate have come all the way here to watch me fight, still can’t quite believe they’re here!

2 days to go…

1 comment:

  1. Hey big guy,

    I hope it's going (or has already gone) really well for you in the ring! Tell us all about it when you get the opportunity. Your fanboys are waiting!

    Photos and video would be great, too, but no pressure! (-:

    ReplyDelete